[seasar-user-en:46] Injecting dependency into a java class

leonardo jr escorido [E-MAIL ADDRESS DELETED]
Tue Feb 22 15:01:16 JST 2011

Hi Everyone,

It is my first time to post here and looking forward to engage with the participants and other users in this community.

My question is: How to inject dependency into a java class?

I am new to Seasar but the project requires that I create a solution to a problem using the framework as soon as possible. Currently, we have a running web application using Seasar and I should say the framework did a fine job injecting the Dao classes to be able to interact with the db.

Now, there is a new requirement. The web application needs to listen to a db table, and if there are new records, it executes a process, all of these are done in the background. I created the class & used Quartz. It will be started when the server is started, and executes every hour. The problem I have is listening to the db. I followed the same implementation that was done in the action controllers. I add a component class = NamingConventionImpl, and add the package where my java class is as an arg to addRootPackageName, in the dicon file. But still was not successful. The class I want to be injected is null in the java class.

I will appreciate any response.

- Leo